FAST Board Rescue Scenarios (FBRS) 4 Hour
*Prerequisite: Basic FAST Board Operations (BFBO) – This can be given as an 8 Hour course in conjunction with BFBO.
As with all FAST-training deliveries, a brief review of the board and loading procedures will be conducted. The scope of this class will cover:
- How to move and rescue a firefighter or civilian up and down portable ladders
- How to lower the board package from an upper story window or roofline using only the components of the FAST Board and their everyday carry (EDC) in the turnout gear.
- How to solve some of the most problematic fire rescue scenarios that firefighters have encountered using FAST-tested techniques such as:
- The Nance Drill, which is named in memory of Columbus, Ohio Firefighter John Nance who made the ultimate sacrifice when falling through a floor.
- The Denver Drill, which was named in memory of Denver, Colorado Firefighter Mark Langvardt who made the ultimate sacrifice in an upper-story confined storage area.
- How to quickly rescue a firefighter who has collapsed on a pitched roof using the FAST Board.
- The “FAST Hustle”.
- This is a fast-paced rescue scenario that develops leadership skills and confidence in all the skills learned throughout the day’s presentation.
The instructor-to-student ratio is 10:1. Each student will receive a certificate of completion.